SEE & DO
So much to pick from, so little time. We all have different tastes and Chicago has a plate for everyone. Here are some of our favorites for you to choose from. Get a city pass here.
Lou Malnatis Pizzeria
Excellent Deep Dish Pizza – Several other options as well – Full bar
Great Italian place with lots of charm and great service.
Piece Brewery and Pizzeria
Awesome thin crust pizza and really good fresh-brewed beer.
Barbeque, Southern, Beer, Wine & Spirits.
Penny’s Noodle Shop
Thai food, low key, clean restaurant, tasty food, fast service, neighborhood spot.
Grocery, Beer, Wine & Spirits; Excellent Deli.
Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, Get the falafel & lentil soup!
Mexican, Try their Horchata milkshake!
The Violet Hour
Great cocktails, Drink a “Juliet & Romeo” (featured in Esquire Magazine).
Good beer specials, Old Style and Blue Moon on tap!
Northside Bar & Grill
Outside beer garden atmosphere is hard to beat!
Wicker Park Tavern
Open windows in the summer – Open Late!!!
Great place to grab a drink and dance – solid neighborhood joint.
Silver Cloud Bar & Grill
Cozy lil retro style dining for some great comfort food.
Emporium Arcade Bar
Great beers with great arcade games at great prices!
Solid beer and service – CASH ONLY!
Chicago History Museum
A short walk away, good place to learn about the history of Chicago.
Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
For those who appreciate our environment as much as we do, this is a worthwhile stop.
Museum of Contemporary Art
This is Chicago’s premiere destination for viewing, exploring and exhibiting contemporary art.
Plenty of exhibits to enjoy. Beautiful view of Lake Michigan as well.
ON THE WATER
Clarence F. Buckingham Memorial Fountain
Next to the Lakefront, 20 minute water displays start at the top of each hour. At night, you get a light show as well.
Signature tourist attraction on Chicago’s lakefront. Fireworks on Wednesday nights in the summer.
North Avenue Beach spot to enjoy drinks, food and summer.
Get some exercise and take a boat out at North Avenue beach.
Chicago Air and Water Show
Trick pilots and aviation teams dazzle crowds at North Avenue Beach for two days at the largest free event of its kind. August 17-18
Bucktown Arts Fest
See art. Have fun. Started in the 80’s. Keeps getting bigger. August 24-25
North Coast Festival
See the best in electronic, hip-hop, jam band, indie rock and more over Labor Day weekend in Union Park. August 30 – Sept 1
Check out the line-up. Enough said. September 13-15
Wrigley Field. We have tickets.
Chicago White Sox
Baseball on the South Side. We have tickets./a>
The former home of Michael Jordan.
Stanley Cup Champions 2010.
NATURE & OUTDOORS
Oak Street Beach
Walk directly east 6 blocks and you can enjoy the sites, food, drink and beautiful Lake Michigan.
The Magnificent Mile
No place better for a day long stroll then up and down Michigan Avenue for food, site seeing and people watching.
Head here for the famous “bean”, free concerts or just some relaxing time.
Lincoln Park Zoo
Open 365 days a year and it’s free.
Come see a band jam out at this top venue – Love the layout!
You’ll get a very intimate vibe from this small venue – 2 floors, crafty brews.
Great dance floor, young crowd – open very late.
Debonair Social Club
If you want to dance in a club atmosphere, this might be your spot!
Use ChicagoTraveler.com to find more things to do in Chicago!
- Chicago ToursEnjoy a wide variety of sightseeing tours and cruises in Chicago, Illinois. Our most popular tours are the Architectural Tours by Boat and the Chicago Trolley Tour. We also feature exceptional Dinner Cruises, as well as dinner show tickets and bus tours. Chicago Tours features a variety of bus tours, bike tours, Segway tours, shopping and food tours, and boat tours to show you the great sights of the great city of Chicago. See the Willis Tower, enjoy a fabulous Dinner Show, Rent a Bike or enjoy a Ghost Tour.
- Segway ToursEnjoy a seamless glide, as you experience spectacular views of Chicago’s breathtaking Lakefront, while riding on the newest technology of Segway Personal Transporters. With countless attractions, gorgeous parks and dazzling gardens your tour guides will ensure you receive the most stunning photo opportunities. Hear stories about and around Chicago, while capturing a glimpse of the magnificent architecture of the “windy city”.
- Chicago Architectural CruisesEnjoy a cruise of the historic Chicago River that showcases over 40 landmarks of modern American architecture. Join us on an exciting journey as we tour the Chicago River and its architectural landmarks.
- Chicago Hop On and Hop Off Trolley TourThis comprehensive trolley tour of the Windy allows you to hop on and hop off at a number of popular locations. Trolley stops include Willis Tower, Art Institute, Museum Campus, Water Tower, Rock ‘N Roll McDonald’s, Wrigley Building and Fort Dearborn.
- Free Chicago Walking Tours Led by talented, local guides, this tour will cover Chicago’s most iconic neighborhoods and sites.